Knee replacement

Options
nannyhicks49
nannyhicks49 Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Had my pre op assessment and surgery date 21st June getting really anxious now, has anyone had their knees done at the Horder Centre in Crowbourough East Sussex?

Comments

• Katie22
    Katie22 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I’ve had my right knee total replacement in July 2021, but not at that hospital. I have to say it’s the best thing I could have done, please try not to worry. I was nervous too but I needn’t have been. Just make sure you do everything you’re told and do the exercises. I promise the post operative pain doesn’t last. I was walking in the house without crutches or stick within a week of getting home.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    edited 5. Jun 2023, 13:27
    Options

Hi @nannyhicks49 I'm so glad you have your date and it's soon. Only just enough time to get everything sorted and ready not toooooo much time to worry.

I hope you'll post and let us know how you are getting on once your op is done, but in the meantime there are loads of people here who have also had a knee done. They are always happy to answer any questions you have.

Take care

Toni x

• nannyhicks49
    nannyhicks49 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Can anyone tell me how I will feel after the knee op I’m hoping for a spinal but am wondering how I will be afterwards