ANGRY

Options

Hello Everyone

Please please can someone help me I was diagnosed with RA at the age of 16 some 40 years ago and have cope and managed with it until four years ago when pain really struck I saw a rheumatologist and he advised that I fibromyalgia and severe osteoarthritis I am on anti inflammatory and high pain killers yes i try to cope sometimes with great difficulty

Today I went for a routine check up to be told do not have arthritis I have osteoporosis and discharged from seeing rheumatology again when did they find a cure and what medication I am on Meloxicam 20mg i don’t think that’s a cure and told I now take a new tablet once a week for 5 years to say I am absolutely angry when I know there is no cure and suffer severe pain

sorry for my rant I can’t believe what I heard today in a consultation that lasted less then 5 minutes

thank you for listening to me

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Hello @wiltlass61 and welcome to the online community,

First of all, please don’t apologise for ranting - this is one place that you can say how you feel with no judgement. All our members have experienced arthritis in their lives and are here to advise and support. It’s understandable that you feel angry when you are in a great deal of pain and have been given an unclear explanation of your diagnosis or your medication.

I wonder if it would be possible to speak to your GP about your recent appointment- they will have received a summary of your new diagnosis and can explain it you better. They will also be able to discuss pain relief and maybe refer you to a pain clinic.

Meanwhile, I hope you find the link below about managing pain useful.

Please let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Gosh you must be feeling totally abandoned @wiltlass61

I take it that medication is alendronic acid for the osteoporosis? Not the nicest thing to take.

In your shoes I would do what Anna says and find the nicest most supportive GP at your surgery and make a face to face appointment. Then I would take someone with me who can help just by being there you shouldn't get fobbed off. A partner would be best.

Hopefully they will have some ideas how to help you.

In your shoes I would be devastated you have my sympathy ((()))

Toni

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 406
    Options

Well I think, @wiltlass61 at least there is a diagnosis of what might be the most important malady today. Best concentrate on it, and obtain some solid advise on what is it and how to deal with it, for the best outcome.