Blue badge application

Options

We have 2 parking bays at work designated for blue badge holders. I asked my boss if I could have permission to park there because I'm having a flare up but he said I couldn't if I didn't have a badge. I have applied but it's still being processed. He gave me an option to park in the managers car park but it's a long way to walk and doesn't solve the problem of people parking too close. Does anyone know how long the application process takes. The update just says "checking eligibility".

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options

Takes a little while. But if your carpark is on private property your boss could allow you to park there surely? A sort of 'reasonable adjustments thing?

Good luck

Toni x

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

I think it's an individual council thing. I've had one for years and they always send my renewal reminder in good time and say give them a month. Try ringing them and asking.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • JC1978
    JC1978 Member Posts: 21
    Options

@frogmorton , Thanks Toni, unfortunately he said it's an adjustment he can't accommodate because we do have a couple of blue badge holders who work there but I'm keeping a log of who parks there and I've never seen both bays in use at once, and I've often seen cars parked there not displaying a badge, so he might change his mind. I'll see the doctor on Monday so hopefully they'll be able to prescribe something to make walking a bit less of a problem 🙂

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options

Sounds like a plan @JC1978 if both spaces are never in use there's hope🤞

Hope you got on ok at the Drs

Take care

Toni x

• Joanns22
    Joanns22 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Do you have occupational health at work who could support getting you boss to use spaces? I do think it a council thing , mine too about a month, if that.