Recovery after Trapeziotomy
Hello there, everyone,
I hope you are all feeling Ok today.
I am recovering from my second Trapeziectomy; I had my left hand operated on last year and had my right hand operated on nearly 10 weeks ago.
As I am right handed, the second recovery seems to be longer. I am trying to be very careful and very concerned about returning to work, as I am still in pain, very tired and cannot write yet!
My left hand is still numb along the outside of the thumb area (after 9 months) and the hand therapist is not sure if there will be full recovery at this stage.
Has anyone else had this operation please... and how long was your recovery and did you recover all feeling in your hand?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe