Referred at last!

Options

Finally after nearly 6 months I have been referred to the Rheumatologist , my symptoms have increasingly got worse and after months of non action from my GP (I have had one face to face) I know I will be probably waiting months for the appointment in the area I live but at least I have some hope now.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options

Morning @Twinkie

Well done I am very pleased for you that you are being referred.

Now you have time to get organised and make sure you can clearly and succinctly tell the Rheumatologist what has been happening. They don't have a huge amount of time with each person so this can really help. Things like:

When it started

which joints are affected

what your symptoms are i.e. pain stiffness (for how long and when)

what helps maybe heat or ice packs.

What you've tried any over the counter meds/painkillers things like supplements etc.

How its affecting your life day to day.

Finally make sure if you can that you take someone with you. This helps so much with remembering what to ask and what was said as well as making sure you don't get fobbed off. There's safety in numbers!

Best of luck and i hope it's soon.

Toni

• Twinkie
    Twinkie Member Posts: 13
    Options

Thank you that's really good advice I will make a list of your suggestions thank you very much I will post again when I get the appointment and hopefully good news about my treatment.

• Twinkie
    Options

I had my appointment with the rheumatologist today.....Ho such a relief to speak with someone who takes you seriously in stead of the gp who thinks im neurotic. Basically i have RA and OA, i am presribed methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine which i can start taking when the rheumatology nurse has rung me.The dr was slighty surprised that my gp hadnt given me a ything in the 7 month period idbeen trying to getthe consultant referral, anyway hopefully see some improvement soon.

• Twinkie
    Options

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options

Well done @Twinkie

I am very pleased you are now starting treatment finally!

Any oroblems with your meds just post - we'll help if we can ((()))

Toni x