Knee replacement

Options
nannyhicks49
nannyhicks49 Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

My knee replacement is tomorrow am. My anxiety is so bad I keep crying because I’m so afraid

Comments

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 149
    Options

Please try not to worry but find something with which to occupy your mind tonight - videos, puzzles, crafting. It doesn't matter if you get little sleep tonight as you will have plenty of time for resting after the surgery.

Many, many thousands of knee replacements have been successfully completed and, although the next few days may be tough, the long term outcome should improve your quality of life hugely.

Try to think of good things and happy times that you will be able to repeat when your pain and mobility are improved.

Very best wishes and looking forward to hearing from you again when you are home and more comfortable.

• Lorraine_24
    Lorraine_24 Member Posts: 32
    Options

@nannyhicks49 , good luck with your surgery, I have mine on Friday, my anxiety through the roof and I'm terrified also it's not a nice feeling but we need to get it done

Good luck 🤗

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

Thinking of you today @nannyhicks49

Remember today is the start of your recovery and getting your life back.

💐

Toni x

• frogmorton
    Options

@Lorraine_24 the very best of luck for you too for tomorrow you'll do just fine ((()))

Toni

• Lorraine_24
    Options

Thank you so much @frogmorton extremely nervous but also looking forward to getting my life back on track and walking again

• frogmorton
    Options

Fingers crossed for you today @Lorraine_24

I hope you and @nannyhicks49 will both be reporting back to us soon.

((()))

xx

• Lorraine_24
    Options

Hello @frogmorton my surgery went ahead yesterday thank goodness as I was apprehensive it may get cancelled, all went fine, my surgery was done around 11am yesterday, and can honestly say it's not until now around 3am that I'm starting to feel pain now anesthetics have worn off ,I had an epidural and something to make me unaware of what was going on.I was up on my feet walking with zimmer frame yesterday evening no problem, a lot of my fear was "how bad will pain be" will I be able to handle it because of my other leg needing a hip replacement in a few weeks time..so far so good although it's not been 24hrs yet, pain bearable, extremely early days but thought I'd share my journey so far. @nannyhicks49 I hope you are doing aswell as possible from your knee replacement, sending you well wishes and speedy recovery

Lorraine

• frogmorton
    Options

Well done you @Lorraine_24 !!

On your feet already☺️ They like that don't they these days so much safer for us. I hope you will have some additional pain relief soon and can keep going as you are. Soon be 🏡 recovering for hip number 2.

No news yet from @nannyhicks49 Hope she's doing ok too.

Toni x

• Lorraine_24
    Options

I spoke to soon @frogmorton , the pain has certainly kicked in and are bad but only to be expected after surgery, but another day nearly over and hope for a better one tomorrow