I have this little known disease called AnkylosingSpondylitis, it is known amongst people in there teens and 20s but rare to start at 63 I am told.
I had no symptoms before i was fit and healthy, one day I wasn’t in severe pain, the next I was and has been 24/7 for two years, I only got diagnosed last year due to me pushing the medical system for answers, my husband had to give up his job, my job went and it’s a life changing condition, I am on infusions ( well second one the other day)
i had a fall it messed up a lot of things.
there is no support group,no help at all and left to it, lots of advice for the young people exercising etc, my body is not the same as a young person but explaining my experiences of life with AS at my age is rare it seems.
even this community has no information about it.
it’s takes about eight years to find out usually.
anyone here has AS and it came on when older ?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe