Newly diagnosed after 6yrs of symptoms

Options
Sumagoo
Sumagoo Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello, I'm sat here in a bit of a daze really.

For 6 yrs I've thought I was going mad. Negative blood tests, pain, fatigue, a hundred different symptoms with no answers.

This morning I've received a letter from my consultant with a leaflet for hydroxychloroquine, telling me my mri showed signs of inflammatory arthritis.

It's what I've thought was going on all this time, so why do I feel like I've just been blindsided?

Anyways, hi, I hope to get to know some of you better and find some support in here.

Thanks.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @Sumagoo  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

I see that following an MRI you have been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis although you have experienced symptoms for many years. You must find it frustrating that it’s taken so long to confirm the cause of your symptoms.  

There are many forum members who have been through a similar scenario so I’m sure you’ll receive plenty of support. 

Here are a couple of links that may be of interest:

I hope your course of treatment works for you and that being part of the forum helps manage your symptoms. I would encourage you to participate in as many relevant discussions as you feel appropriate. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options

I bet you feel blindsided @Sumagoo

I am sorry you had to wait so long for your diagnosis, but you're here now and we all understand how you are feeling.

There's chap here @Airwave! or @airwave I can never remember which who waited even longer for his diagnosis.

Wishing you the best of luck on the hydroxy

Toni x

• Sumagoo
    Sumagoo Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you.

Despite a family history, as nothing was showing in my bloods it was dismissed.

Anyway, as you say, I'm here now, and really hoping the hydroxychloroquine does the job to help me feel more human.

I'm in my forties but feel ancient right now!