Sulfasalazine / psoriasis
Hi all, I was previously taking Methotrexate but was taken off it due to me starting with emphysema (Methotrexate can apparently accelerate emphysema). Highly frustrated with that because Methotrexate was so good for me, with no side effects. I felt like I never even had arthritis and it completely cleared my psoriasis too.
Since coming off Metho, my psoriasis has returned with a vengeance!
I've been on Sulfasalazine for 5 weeks now and I'm not seeing even the beginnings of my psoriasis getting better, let alone my arthritis.
How are others finding Sulfasalazine? I appreciate it can take up to 12 weeks to kick in, but I thought I would have at least started to see signs of improvement. Has Sulfasalazine helped with your psoriasis as well as arthritis?
Many thanks, and good health 😁
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 5.3K Say Hello
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 3.8K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 50 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe