Hi I was diagnosed with RA 8 months ago and was taking Methotrexate 20mg weekly and Hydroxychloroquine 400mg daily.
For 3 days a week I was tired, feeling sick, generally unwell so now my consultant changed from MTX to Leflunomide 20mg daily.
Now after 2 weeks I'm feeling painful joints, especially knees, toes, wrists and fingers and swelling in ankles.
Has anyone experienced a change in meds and similar things please? Nurse said it takes 2 months to feel better but I thought it would be ok since I have MTX in my system already. She said these meds work differently!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe