Treatment

Options
Karen7
Karen7 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi I was diagnosed with RA 8 months ago and was taking Methotrexate 20mg weekly and Hydroxychloroquine 400mg daily.

For 3 days a week I was tired, feeling sick, generally unwell so now my consultant changed from MTX to Leflunomide 20mg daily.

Now after 2 weeks I'm feeling painful joints, especially knees, toes, wrists and fingers and swelling in ankles.

Has anyone experienced a change in meds and similar things please? Nurse said it takes 2 months to feel better but I thought it would be ok since I have MTX in my system already. She said these meds work differently!

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @Karen7

Welcome to our online community. We are a friendly group of people and will always help if we can.

I understand that you were diagnosed with RA 8 months ago and have recently been changed from MTX and Hydroxychloroquine to Leflunomide, and you are experiencing joint pain and swelling. I think they normally say you need to be taking a drug for a couple of months before you feel the full effect an I hope that our members with experience of Leflunomide will be able to share their experience to help you.

In the meantime I am posting some information on the drug from our website

Do please keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm