Capascin

Options

Hello

i put in my prescription for the cream about 6 weeks ago and am still waiting. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing delays .

I am in Scotland

Tagged:

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 897
    Options

Hello @Fizzandbubbles I've just been told by my pharmacist it is impossible to get and the doctors have taken it off my repeat prescription!

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Fizzandbubbles
    Options

Hello Peter

oh that’s not good! All my pharmacist said was that there were waiting lists for lots of medicines , creams etc .

did your doctor suggest anything in its place?

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 897
    Options

Hi @Fizzandbubbles the one the pharmacist sent in its place is Movelat Gel, though I haven't tried it yet

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Fizzandbubbles
    Options

Hi PeterJ , thanks for that. I will be interested what you think of it. The chilli cream has really helped the pain in my knee …Hope other creams are as effective .

• Fizzandbubbles
    Options

Peter , I found this so maybe there is hope

Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Capsaicin 0.075% (Axsain®) and 0.025% (Zacin®) cream. Following intermittent supplies of capsaicin 0.075% (Axsain®) and 0.025% (Zacin®) cream, these are now out of stock until end of June 2023.

• Littleboss
    Options

My doctor told me it’s off the list because it’s too expensive for NHS!

• Filbert
    Filbert Member Posts: 9
    Options

It doesn't seem that expensive - £17 a tube...

If you (or someone you know) travel, you might find it available over the counter in another country. I bought some recently in Canada.

Another option is to make your own, there are recipes online, one I saw looked pretty simple.

• Fizzandbubbles
    Options

£17 seems ok.

my doctor is happy to prescribe it….it was his first suggestion. The problem is with the availability😢