Just joined the community

Options
ValM
ValM Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone

I live in South Wales and hope that there are others who live in the same area as me. I’m interested in joining a walking group if there one. Anyone belong to it? Anyone interested in joining one?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 979
    Options

Hello @ValM and welcome to the online community,

Good to hear that you’re looking to join a local walking group in South Wales. Walking seems to be a popular activity with many of our members, so hopefully there’ll be someone in your area who will be able to get in touch with you.

Meanwhile, you might want to have a look at the Rambler’s Association fir Glamorgan - I’ve posted the link below. You’ve probably heard of them and they might have a club near to where you are.

If you want to read some tips on walking with arthritis, here’s a link that also might interest you from the Versus Arthritis website:

Do let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• ValM
    ValM Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thanks Anna. I know of the Ramblers and in past years, went on a few walks with them. However, they do tend to do long walks. I’m looking to join walks with people who can no longer do long distances but still want to walk. I have Nordic poles.