Living with pain

Options
Lea86xx
Lea86xx Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Since I was 18 I’m now 38 diagnosed with sciatica then spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease then had 2 microdicectomys and 2 fusions as first fusion didn’t work I’m in pain every day and it had affected my way of life I am a emotional nervous wreck I broke my ankle and found out mild arthritis in it and need bar out as always swollen and limping on it everyday. My doctor sent me this link to reach out to people who are in pain everyday I don’t have anyone in my family to speak to about it just my own mind and it’s Driveing me crazy I also diagnosed with carpul tunnel in both hands had ops to fix that and diagnosed with bursitis of hips feeling so rubbish everyday it’s really affected my way of life

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,018
    Options

Hi @Lea86xx and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you are looking for advice on how to help with your pain and also to chat with others in similar situations. You have come to the right place as lots of people on here will understand what you are going through and be happy to chat about it. We have all been through similar. It might be worth having a look at our website as well, it contains lots of info on arthritis, treatments, hints and tips. I've put a couple of links in below which I hope are of some use.

and

Please keep posting now you are here and I ma sure others will connect with you soon.

With very best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

Hi @Lea86xx

I can’t offer any advice really other than say I know what you’re going through. I too have had continuous pain everyday for about the last 15 years with pain before that.

It has definitely changed who I am in bad ways and limits what i can do.

Things that used to worry me I don’t care about anymore because I simply don’t have the capacity to worry about stuff as it is enough to simply exist with this level of pain.