Fellow sufferers

Options
GillyC
GillyC Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Unless you have the pain no one seems to understand how difficult day to day simple chores can be does any one else find this

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @GillyC welcome to the online community

Yes, we are with you on that one. Everyday chores and activities all take time to do because we have to take a minute to adjust to the least painful way to accomplish the task. Thankfully there are lots of gadgets to help us and our members have great tips on what they find useful.

I attach some links which I hope you find interesting

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2021/august/how-to-adapt-when-you-ve-been-diagnosed-with-arthritis/

You don't say which particular areas are the most painful for you so I attach a general pain management link but do get back to us with specific details and I am sure some of our members will give you their tips on how they cope.

Do look round the website especially at the Living with Arthritis and Hints and Tips sections. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Welcome to the Community @GillyC, Poppyjane has provided you with some very useful links to get started and there's a great deal of content here which is worth checking out because as you wrote in your opening post, unless people have Arthritis in any of its forms, they find it hard to empathise.

Unfortunately, as you may or may not already discovered, this also applies to health professionals who unless they have it themselves or have a relative who suffers can be dismissive. Even those who do understand can't really do very much except for prescribing anti-inflammatories, Co-Codemol if you're lucky and refer to their in-house physio team. Therefore, it's really in our hands and upto us to manage our condition and in this regard information is king which is why this website is such a fantastic resource.

In your own case, if there is anything you want targeted or specific help and/or opinions on, this is the place to ask because chances are that at least one of us has been there and done that.

All the best,

Jon