Methotrexate medi pen

Options
Horizon
Horizon Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Good evening,

I have decided to go on the above as of next week. This is because I have had a continuing upset stomach with the use of the tablets.

I must admit I am a bit nervous in self injecting. As I am not very good with needles. But I feel that needs must. Is this a normal reaction to anyone using these pens for the first time?.. Thank you

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 763
    Options

Hello @Horizon welcome to the online community

You have had an ongoing upset stomach with MTX tablets so have chosen to start a MTX medi pen. You are wondering if some of our members have experience of using them. Certainly there have been numbers of comments about the use of MTX injections and alternatives. One of the important suggestions that everyone makes is to be monitored by your medical team because they will be able to find the best medication to suit you. It does sometimes take a while of trial and error and patience whilst our bodies adjust.

I attach some links which I hope you will find helpful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/methotrexate/

Meanwhile do look round the forum and join in with the discussions and activities. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.