PsA symptoms please help me!!

Options

Hi here I am again.

Still no diagnosis of PSA abd ready to freak. Had a rhumatology app 2 weeks ago. No present inflammation in hands ( that's all he scanned). I have even in agony. I don't have psorisis BUT....Since I visitEd my tendons and ligaments in , hands, knees, elbows and spine have worsened to the stage I couldn't straighten my legs the other day and the pain is keeping me up at night. I removed my toe varnish 2 days ago and got such a fright! My big toe nail is pure white, my other has vivid white/ yellow stripes. I was tested for fungal nails 2 months ago, GP just wouldn't listen. No fungus detected.

I have read some posts on here abd obviously googled. Called GP yesterday to be told to call back rhumatology. Is this possible?

3 years now and nobody is helping me vthey just keep saying osteoarthritis and bulging discs in spine. I'm a single parent with 2 teenage boys and I work full time. Not lost a days work with it yet but am worried I might soon if this continues.

What do people take for PSA? Biological? I'm on duloxetine, tramadol and paracetamol.

Please can anyone help or advise me. At my witts end with pain 💔😞

Comments

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi@Jools71

Thanks for your post to the Helpline. I'm sorry to hear that things are difficult. There are many musculoskeletal conditions and Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) is just one. If you feel you display particular evidence of that condition, it might be worth taking photographs of episodes and keeping a symptom diary.

Changes in finger nails can be seen in many different arthritis conditions, so those signs may not narrow things down.

If you need supporting evidence of signs which go beyond the Osteoarthritis (OA) in your spine it can be helpful to work with a Physiotherapist and they can report any findings.

Because PsA may not always show up in all the blood tests Rheumatology do, it's normal practice to use images such as ultrasound of the worst affected joints to see evidence of active inflammation.

Unfortunately OA can be quite difficult and have widespread effects, so that in itself can be a really difficult thing to live with. If you had support from a physiotherapist, they can ensure that your day to day routines may be supportive of good musculoskeletal health. Taking plenty of gentle exercise through each day and eating a balanced diet to keep weight down will be advised for all different arthritis conditions, even if your diagnosis may still be uncertain.

Inflammatory auto-immune arthritis conditions are treated with drugs that manage the immune system. See the link below.

If you'd like some support, do ring us here at the Helpline on 0800 5200 520.

Arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatment | Versus Arthritis

Exercising with arthritis | Top tips, specific exercises (versusarthritis.org)

Eating well with arthritis | healthy eating for people with arthritis (versusarthritis.org)

All the best

Guy - Helpline Team