What a mess. Any advice?!

Options

Hi. I was diagnosed with RA in August 2019 and despite various attempts and combinations of drugs I have still not been able to get this under control. Even steroids don’t seem to be helping.

im 39 and live alone with a mortgage. I can’t afford to not work but every single bit of energy I have is used on forcing myself to go to work.

I literally have no life cause I’m so worn out and fed up.

I can’t change jobs because I’m too scared.

Does anyone know if there is any support out there for me? Either with finding a new job or financially

I can’t keep doing it

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @RavenHairedPixie try giving the Helpline a call on 0800 5200 520 and also have a look at the following https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/financial-support/

Hope it helps,

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Hi @RavenHairedPixie , sorry, I can't offer practical advice but do ring the helpline, they're lovely people and have loads of experience. Just wanted to send you a hug at least. Before my hip replacement I well remember using every bit of available energy just to keep working and then collapsing every evening and at weekends. You're doing a grand job just keeping going lass, really you are. People don't realise what constant pain does to you. Keep posting on here, sometimes you need to feel you're not the only one. Have you tried looking to see if there are any support groups near you?

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

If you can maybe claim PIP will it help you enough to at least cut your hours down?

Such a dreadful time these times with everything costing so much too😓

I don't know where you work or what you do but would you be able to do any of your work from home? That woudl save some of your energy at least?

Take care

Toni x