Tremfya causing Psoriasis

Options
silverfoxxxx
silverfoxxxx Member Posts: 131
edited 6. Jul 2023, 19:37 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

Has anyone been on Tremfya and had it cause Psoriasis?

I had a reaction to Amgevita roughly 18 months ago and it caused Psoriasis to start which I had never had before, then every time I injected methotrexate it flared as well and also when I tried a further biological. This cleared fully when it all washed my system over time. I have been on Jak Inhibitors since but they didn’t work well for my Arthritis.

I did my first Tremfya injection 7 days ago and suddenly I have psoriasis starting again, but I cannot find anything online suggesting Tremfya can cause this as a side effect. Can I have become randomly allergic to injectables!!

TIA

Comments

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 221
    Options

Hi @silverfoxxxx I would get back in touch with your rheumatologist it is possble to become allergic to things that you have taken for a while. I got reactive arthritis from an allergic reaction to something (never found out what) a number of years ago. I also, unrelated, suddenly became allergic to ibuprofen having taken them for years. So I would seek advice from the professionals, better safe than sorry.

Hope you get it sorted.

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 221
    edited 7. Jul 2023, 08:13
    Options

Just found this on the Mayo Clinic website about possible side effects with the Tremfya

Rare

1. Headache, severe and throbbing
    2. hives or welts, itching, skin rash
    3. white patches in the mouth or throat or on the tongue

Some side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:

Less common

1. Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
    2. difficulty in moving
    3. muscle pain or stiffness
    4. pain in the joints

Rare

1. Redness of the skin

Don't know if that helps as not familiar with psoriasis