Why am I stiffer on some days and not others?
I hope you’re having a good day.
I’ve been diagnosed with OA in hips, back and knee for a little while now. I exercise, stretch etc most days. I garden most days (mulching borders this last week). I have a healthy diet (mostly Mediterranean), have lost half a stone so no longer in the overweight category. I keep as active as possible.
So why am I stiffer on some days? Today being a case in point. I did my exercises this morning, as usual and started pottering about. I noticed I was a bit stiffer, more difficult bending down, or sitting/standing up. I’ve kept going in the garden but couldn’t bend as far as usual and was finding it more difficult to get back up. I feel generally achy in my lower back.
What’s going on? Why does this stiffness happen? Is there anything I can do to reduce it on days like today?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe