Diagnosed with osteoarthritis

Micky72
Micky72 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I was diagnosed with the above Arthritis about a year ago, after X-rays I’ve been told I have tiny bits of broken bone fragments in both knees and hips. Long term I’ve been told it’s likely I’ll need replacement surgery, I struggle to get out due to a lot of pain and anxiety. I’m currently on naproxen 500mg and zapain 30/500mg, I’ve joined today to hear like minded peoples stories and to seek any helpful advice I can get.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,074

Hello @Micky72,

Welcome to the online forum, where all our members are friendly and supportive and where I’m sure you’ll be able to find helpful advice from other people’s experience of living with arthritis.

The pain of arthritis can be challenging and can also affect our emotional health. It can help knowing that there are others who can understand some of what you’re going through, so do take a look round the forum and read other people’s stories and daily living tips and advice. If you feel comfortable, join in conversations and ask as many questions as you like - there will usually be someone ready to give an answer.

It can help to know more about your condition - the treatments and also ways you can help yourself feel better. Here’s a link to the Versus Arthritis website about living with osteoarthritis that you might find useful:

Do keep posting and let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna ( Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jan1955
    Jan1955 Member Posts: 26

You have come to the right place Mikey. The value of support from fellow sufferers is priceless. I log in everyday and it has really helped me..Jan x

• Micky72
    Micky72 Member Posts: 3

Thank you Jan, I still trying to get my head around it. I’ve now been advised to use crutches to help me get around, it kinda limits what I can and can’t do at the moment x