Jigsaw Puzzles

Options

HI, just wondering if anyone does Jigsaw puzzles?. I have a board that I used on the floor. as of yesterday Iv been told not to sit on the floor. Iv been looking at buying a jigsaw Puzzle table. I am on some jigsaw puzzle groups . I now struggle to get up off the floor after sitting to do my puzzles.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,026
    Options

Hi @Dasha_Karu You can also get rolls which you do jigsaws on - my mother used to use one OK, but had no direct experience. The benefit is that you can do it on the dining table then roll it up so the table is free.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 532
    Options

Hi @Dasha_Karu

I love doing jigsaw puzzles and find them very therapeutic. I have a puzzle board that is like a massive book with segments for puzzle pieces on one side and a board for the puzzle on the other side. You can fold it up and move it without the puzzle falling to pieces, and sits nicely on my dining room table while I'm puzzling. I've added a couple of photo's for you. It's made by Ravensburger (although others are probably available) and fits about 1000 pieces.

Love n hugs

Trish

• JenHB
    JenHB Member Posts: 135
    Options

I also do jigsaws sitting at the kitchen table. However this is the problem I've got...

• Dasha_Karu
    Dasha_Karu Member Posts: 17
    Options

aww this is a great picture. hope you finish the puzzle ok. I do not have a cat. Iv got a Budgie.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,469
    Options

Do Budgies also sit on your puzzles @Dasha_Karu ?

I have a well behaved cat, and a big jigsaw thingy like a large briefcase a bit like @Trish9556 's

In spite of this I can't do my puzzles for really lengthy periods anymore as it hurts my neck, but still enjoy doing them. Totally agree the floor would be no good at all.

Take care

Toni

• Whiskey26
    Whiskey26 Member Posts: 88
    Options

Hi @JenHB . Lovely cat! Ours would do the same! Can I just ask where you got the fab chocolate jigsaw from???

• veryaraf
    veryaraf Member Posts: 37
    Options

I did this one , bought in a charity shop. The quickest puzzle I have ever done in less than a week. If you have the time any energy just visit them once or twice a week. The amount they stock varies during the year,I would suggest reading all the writing on the box or just do a Google search. All the best searching.

• JenHB
    JenHB Member Posts: 135
    Options

@Whiskey26 - my parents found it in a charity shop! It's called '1980s sweet memories' and it's by Gibsons

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi @frogmorton

My days of doing jigsaws for hours on end finished years ago and tend to just drop in and out for a few minutes at a time. I find them great in the early hours of the mornings when I can' t sleep due to the pain levels so I tend to do a bit then as well. I find that working them on and off and in different lights throughout the day (and night lol) helps find those naughty pieces that keep hiding!

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Whiskey26
    Options

Hi @JenHB Thanks for that! I'll have a search, see what I can find ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi @Whiskey26

I have also seen it on that well known online shop that is named after a famous south american river starting in A lol

Trish

• Whiskey26
    Options

Hi @Trish9556 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ thanks for that! I also believe it can be found second hand on a certain well known auction site!

• Dasha_Karu
    Options

No I cant let the bird out that I have now. as It would fly behind my kitchen cupboards and id never be able to get it.

I had a bord years ago that used to come out the cage and if we were playing Monolopy it would run away with the paper money. and bit it all around the edges.

• GloriaSmeltzer
    Options

Hi there! Yes, many people enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles, including myself! It's a great way to relax and challenge the mind.

I understand your concern about sitting on the floor while doing puzzles. It can become uncomfortable, and getting up may be difficult, especially as time goes on. Investing in a jigsaw puzzle table sounds like a fantastic idea! It will provide you with a more comfortable and convenient setup for your puzzle sessions.

Having a dedicated puzzle table will not only make it easier to work on your puzzles but also help you maintain a better posture while sitting. This can be beneficial for your overall comfort and well-being during puzzle-solving.

If you're part of jigsaw puzzle groups, you might want to ask fellow enthusiasts for recommendations on good puzzle tables or where to find one that suits your needs. They might have some excellent suggestions based on their experiences.

With a proper puzzle table, you can continue enjoying your favorite pastime without any discomfort or worries about getting up from the floor. Happy puzzling!

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,026
    Options

Hello @GloriaSmeltzer and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

Glad that you like jigsaws, they are a good hobby to have.

Our website has a lot of useful information about arthritis, treatments and useful hints. I would recommend having a look around and if you have any specific questions please do post or call the Helpline.

With best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Dasha_Karu
    Options

UPDATE..... I have now been told it is Osteoarthritis n Both my knees, Left is worse then the right. I have ordered a Jigsaw puzzle table today.

I have been told I am not allowed to sit on the floor.