Bobe to bone knee arthritis extruding medial meniscus

Options
Venice9211
Venice9211 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

[link removed]

Has anyone used the above knee product.,

I have been told my first consultant appt prob November, just need help, I used to walk,4/5 mile three times a week now I'm lucky to do do half an hour.. kneemkeepsmfiving way..this product seems unbelievable

Link removed as contains advertising which is not allowed under Community Guidelines, Peter (Admin)

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Venice9211 and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in your knees. Have a look at the following from our website which may be of use.

Please keep posting now you are here and let us know how you are getting on.

With best wishes

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

You're right. The product does seem unbelievable. I read the link before @noddingtonpete wisely removed it. The whole article screamed 'snake oil' to me.

Firstly, knee replacements are very, VERY rarely as difficult as the one described. I've had three (over 60 years) and all went smoothly. Of course it is painful at first but, with attention to surgens and physios, it is unlikely the pain will last for long.

Secondly, what works for a superfit professional footballer is hardly likely to work for your average person. Footballers may use it for twinges, not for bone on bone arthritis. Which club would pay thousands per week for an arthritic footballer?

I do get very cross about these firms who peddle so-called cures. There is no cure for arthritis. Our best bet is to manage it in the ways listed in the above link. When surgery becomes appropriate then we should go for it and do all necessary to make it work. Normally, it works brilliantly.

I'm sure you will do things right. We all clutch at straws at first. But that's all they are. Good luck😃

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Venice9211
    Options

Thank you. You have said what I was expecting... if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is... I carnt get to see consultant until oct/Nov... so a bit of a wait from April..but I'm still walkingmbits, icing. And trying to keep as active as I can...just miss my longmwalks.