Painful thigh

Options
Kayla
Kayla Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I have a throbbing pain in my right thigh, I know it's from my osteoarthritis in my right knee. It wakes me up between 1.30am to 4am most mornings. I'm guessing that could be my medication wearing off. I'm taking Amitipyline as this also helps my trapped nerve on my neck. And suppose to help with sleep deprivation. I also seem to be putting weight on quite quick

Has anyone got any suggestions what I can do or take as the last thing I want is to put to much weight on. And any suggestions for my pain I be so grateful many thanks. X

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options

Hi @Kayla

There are medications you can get which are 'slow release' that might be a better option for you. My anti-inflammatory is Arcoxia a 24 hour tablet. Worth a chat with your GP maybe he/she might be able to prescribe something.

I have found as I get older (menopause) I need to eat less to keep my weight under control sadly 😕Probably being less physically active as I used to be too.

I'll be interested to see what others suggest.

Take care

Toni x

• Kayla
    Kayla Member Posts: 12
    Options

Thank you Toni. I will definitely have chat with my GP about it. I'm certainly getting to the age for the menopause to quick in. However I feel I may of started few year ago but nurse/ doctor said that there isn't any tests to see. Even though I have argued this. Sadly I do love my food and being active as I do 14 hour shifts and lots of walking on my days off I thought my weight would of been ok. How foolish I was.

Thank you again Kay x