Osteoarthritis of the knee

Options
S4500
S4500 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi, new to this site. 53 and diagnosed last September. Have bone on bone, bakers cyst, loose body and tear. Have had two steriod injections and waiting for third as well as fluid drainage. On diet to lose weight to see if that helps and taking prescribed meds as well as oil and tumeric tablets. Getting me down not even being able to enjoy walking when I was fairly active before. So depressing to know will only get worse (as Dr says) and other knee will go same way 😔 Any tips?

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 991
    edited 20. Jul 2023, 08:09
    Options

Hello @S4500 and welcome to the online community,

I understand that you have a range of conditions that is making it difficult for you to enjoy walking and it's understandable that this is getting you down. It sounds like you are doing lots of good things to help yourself, working alongside medical help.

You mention that you're trying to lose weight, and that's a great step towards addressing the pain. Although you're finding it difficult to walk, some exercise can help with the pain and also support your weight loss. Before you start the exercises, it would be best to check with your GP or Rheumatology Department which exercises are most suitable for managing the Baker's Cyst. Here's a link to some gentle exercises that you could consider:

All our members experience living with arthritis and are happy to share their suggestions and advice. Do have a look round the forum and join in any conversations where you feel comfortable.

Best wishes,

Anna (Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm