Struggling with pain

Options
Pepsi
Pepsi Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi all I have joined this group because to be honest I'm really struggling I have rheumatoid and ostio arthritis as well as ankolosing spondylitis I feel at present like non of my pain relief is working and I have come to a stand still with regards to support of professionals 😔

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 991
    Options

Hello @Pepsi and welcome to the online community,

Dealing with pain can be one of the greatest challenges for people with arthritis. All our members have experienced living with arthritis and so you are among friends who understand a little of what you’re going through. Sometimes it can take a while to sort out the right treatment for pain, and sometimes, as our bodies change, pain treatment needs to change as well. You say you have come to a standstill with regard to support from professionals- it can be hard to make others understand how we’re feeling.

Ive sent you a link below about pain. There’s a section called ‘Is your pain management working?’ that might help you to work out how best to speak to your health professionals and to be more confident and assertive:

If you’d like to chat to someone, our Helpline is available from 9am-6pm Monday to Friday. There’s always someone there to give you support and advice.

Do let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna( Moderator )

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm