Recently diagnosed with RA

Options

Hi, I have been diagnosed recently with RA. On hydroxychloroquine for the last 2 months. No improvement from the meds, actually feel RA is progressing. I am so terrified 😔🥺. Don't know if should go back to the doctor's or wait and see if the medication is going to start working. Feeling very lonely with this condition.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Cymeryska and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and been prescribed hydroxychloroquine and waiting for improvement. If in doubt go back to your rheumatology consultant/nurse and ask for guidance, but have a look through the following as well.

and

Please keep posting and I am sure that others will connect to share their experiences and support as well.

With very best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Rj14
    Rj14 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Highly recommend calling your rheumatology advice line at your hospital or contacting your rheumatologists secretary and requesting an urgent appointment to change your meds or at the very least discuss the plan! I’ve noticed if you stay quiet and wait nothing ever happens you have to chase the NHS and demand access to the best drugs.

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

I’m in a similar position, the Hydroxychloroquine isn’t working after a few months, I phoned up the rheummy and received a reply to carry on since my next appointment was a few weeks away which has now been changed (NHS strife). It’s soon coming up for a year since first getting to see the rheummy so I am disappointed.

But what else can we do but have a moan? My rheummy suggested Naproxen and asking my GP for it which has helped but that was a while back and soon wore off. Back to banging my head against a brick wall? Answers on a ……………..?

its a smile , honest!