Osteoarthritis in both of my knees

Options

Hi I am on a waiting list to have two new knees,hopefully having a new right knee in November,but I am so scared,I am 45 and live on my own,I have got a mobility scooter which omg that has help me so much,very day its getting harder and harder,and I am on butec patchs 20mg and morphine xx

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 800
    edited 21. Jul 2023, 17:23
    Options

Hi @Jo43

Welcome to the online community,great to see you posting.

You write that you are on the waiting list for two new knees Right knee in November,but you are scared being 45 and living on your own,with a mobility scooter to get you around as movement gets more difficult every day.

Firstly being scared is ok,i was when i had my first knee replaced a few years ago,when i went to my post op i told the surgeon how scared i was but he alayed my fears and although i was a bit apprehensive as i was wheeled to the operation theatre,everything went well and the relief i had after 6 weeks and the pain subsided i cant discribe. Now 12 years later having had my other knee done and hip inbetween i can honestly say it was the best decision i made. My knees and hip i have no pain at all.

I hope my ramblings have helped with your being scared,just to say after the op a plan will be made for you for care at home.

Here are a few links that may help.

Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do go onto our forums and chat to others it often helps,everyone is friendly and will try and help you as much as is possible.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jo45
    Jo45 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you so much 💗