Hello

Options
Lizziejayne53
Lizziejayne53 Member Posts: 13
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,

I have recently had a diagnosis of Osteoarthritis in my right shoulder; I have already had shoulder surgery but now still struggling with a lot of pain and discomfort which is now going into my elbow. Had several cortisone injections but these have not helped at all; came across this site to see if there are any hints/tips I can pick up :)

I am going back to the Shoulder clinic but this could be a long wait so any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Hi @Lizziejayne53 welcome to the online community.

I understand from your post that you are struggling with pain and discomfort in your right shoulder and have a diagnosis of Osteoarthritis.

This is in spite of several cortisone injections.

I wonder whether this article might be of interest to you?

You may already know plenty about Osteoarthritis of the shoulder, but just in case I'm going to add this:

I'll leave you to meet our members now.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Best of luck @Lizziejayne53

Shoulders can be excruciatingly painful. So hard to sleep wash your hair and dry it gosh loads of stuff.

My youngest had her shoulder joint replaced when she was 19 I vividly remember the pain she was in so you ahve my sympathy.

Take care

Toni x

• Lizziejayne53
    Options

Thank you @frogmorton

I am also caring for my mom who has Alzheimer's and it is getting more challenging to help her with hair washing etc.

It has amazed me how much you rely on the shoulder joint.

I hope your daughter is now pain free

With love

Liz x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Thanks Liz

My daughter is absolutely pain free and well at the moment. I know she will need more than one revision in her lifetime, but she couldn't go on like that could she.

Oh dear me I am sorry that your Mum has Alzheimer's bless you both that is a tough call.

Sending extra ((()))

Toni x