Knee replacement fear

Options
indigoroma
indigoroma Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone! I have been told that I need 2 knee replacements (didn't know that I had arthritis till then). Worried about the post-op period of disability, as I am alone and might have to seek assistance.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Hello @indigoroma welcome to the Versus Arthritis online community.

I see from your post that you need 2 knee replacements and live alone so are worried about recovering from surgery and needing help.

First of all there is plenty you can do to get prepared prior to surgery. You can start now. I am going to attach two links one which will tell you about all about knee surgery. I has a section on recovery.

and one to get physically ready for the operation(s)

The hospital will also be aware that you live alone and ensure that you have any equipment needed to enable you to go home safely.

I hope you'll continue to post and let our members support you through your operation and recovery.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

I'm sure you'' be worried but quite a few of the people here live alone and have managed at home post surgery.

You will need to get more organised than most and if you can afford it maybe book some home care support for the first few weeks?

Wishing you all the best and hope you'll keep posting.

Toni x