I went into hospital for a knee replacement but there were issues. They were unable to give me a spinal as my AS has fused my vertebrae together and the needle could not be inserted. On attempting to carry out a general anaesthetic, due to my AS fusing my spine there were issues inserting the intubation tube as my head could not be tilted back.
The operation had to be aborted and I was told it would need to be rescheduled. I am a little worried about the procedure they will need to carry out to put me under general anaesthetic I have been told I will need to be awake while the tube is inserted. This I believe is a relatively new process and is not in common use yet.
Has anybody else had to have this procedure carried out?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 5.3K Say Hello
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 3.8K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 50 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe