Hello

Options
Jojo10
Jojo10 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

I've just joined today and I'm so glad to have found this site and all the information on it. I have had lumber OA for 6 years and managed it very well but now finding I am unable to do things for as long as I would like and take longer to recover. Although the pain is generally not severe it is constant. I think I am struggling mentally to accept this and know that it will not get better. But reading everyone else's story I'm not on my own and that alone has already helped me. 🙂

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 684
    Options

Hi @Jojo10  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You suffer with OA and are finding it increasingly difficult to manage your condition. You are in constant albeit not severe pain. I’m glad that reading the stories of forum members has already helped you and I hope that joining the forum will provide you with further support and interaction. 

If you haven’t already visited our website you may find these articles of interest:

I hope you find joining the forum beneficial and helps with managing your own arthritis journey. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Lizziejayne53
    Options

Hi @Jojo10

I have also recently joined this community and it is really comforting to know that you are not on your own. I also have constant discomfort (pain, dull ache and sometimes sharp stabbing pains); there are some days when I just feel I am not coping (my "blue" days) and others where it does not seem quite so bad ("yellow" days).

This group will hopefully help increase my "yellow" days and decrease my "blue" ones.

Sending best wishes

Liz x