Playing Sport namely Football (Soccer)
I've had OA in my right knee for over 15 years now, I'm 54 years old.
Trouble is I love Football and still play 8a side once a week on 3G pitches.
The trouble is I'm now finding the game faster and hard to play for me. I do my best but I'm frustrated that I can't do the things I used to be able to do.
I take ibuprofen before exercise to manage the pain.
I've just started playing Walking Football but feel that I'm still too mobile to play it.
Can people play football after a TKR? Any advice, feedback would be greatly appreciated
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe