Arthritic neck probs

Options

Over recent weeks my neck problems have seemingly worsened but what seems slightly strange is aside from pain in my neck I have started to experience a fizzing/bubbling sensation at the base of my neck. Guess it’s all associated with stenosis of nerves but wonder if anyone else might have experienced similar and if there is anything one can do to relieve such?

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

Sounds very familiar, yes I do have problems (C4/5) at that height, I have just had conductivity tests to find the problem with my hands or neck, turns out I have both where the nerves pass through the bones. The ultrasound scans and MRI can confirm them. There are stretching exercises that can help (I haven’t tried them all) including clearing the passages. Talk to a medical professional first?

it’s a grin, honest!

• Brewbag
    Brewbag Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks for that. My problems are at C6 C7 and am waiting for a consultation. Like you I had conductivity tests. So hopefully I’ll get suitable advice sometime soon, though have been waiting for CT guided injections into my neck since March 2020 that were supposed to help determine whether surgery was warranted. It’s nice to know fizzy neck syndrome isn’t just me…phew😅

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

It’s probably a steroidal injection, I have had a few of those in other joints, without any success, others have them and they are ok. You pays your money and takes your choice.

p.s. No idea why they don’t work.

pits a grin, honest!