Gout & Pseudo-Gout
I've just read the article about Malcolm living with Gout.
I was recently diagnosed with Pseudo-Gout. I had heard of gout before but not pseudo-gout. The difference is that instead of uric acid crystals in a joint you have calcium crystals in a joint.
As Malcolm said the pain is excruciating. Mine is in my right wrist which means there is not a lot I can do as I am right handed. When the consultant orthopaedic surgeon showed us the x-rays the crystals were obvious they looked like huge boulders between the bones.
My 'treatment' was take ibuprofen, which I'm already taking in-between taking co-codamol for my arthritis.
I've had joint problems for nearly 50 years now and my only treatment is taking pills and having joints replaced, 3 so far. Does anyone know what the record is?
I guess I'll have to write another poem/song!!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe