Hello!

Options
SarahAH
SarahAH Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

First time posting so hello!

I have lumbosacral spondylosis - arthritis in my lower back and SI joints. I wondered if anyone else has this? My left SI joint is excruciatingly painful 😣 and I really need help! I had an si injection in June but it was short lived and I’m back to square one now. I’m having frequent meltdowns as I can’t manage the pain - I can’t take anti inflammatories and I’m now on a butec patch which I don’t really feel is helping. Got a call with my GP tomorrow and MSK next week (they sorted the injection). I’m a mess really and hoping this isn’t my new ‘normal’ 😕

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @SarahAH

I am glad you have found our online forum. We are a friendly and supportive group of people with arthritis and I hope you will get some response from members who have been through something similar to you.

I understand that you have lumbosacral spondylosis and you have a great deal of pain. I am going to post some information on managing pain from our website below:

I hope you will get some response from our members as well. Do keep in touch and let us know how you are.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 887
    Options

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• SarahAH
    SarahAH Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you for the information. Funny you should forward the information on AS as my Dad had it and I carry the gene. I’m convinced I have AxSpa but nobody seems to be listening. It’s so frustrating!!

• MiaG
    MiaG Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hello @SarahAH . I can't really help with any recommendations etc except to say that I hope you can get some relief soon. Welcome to the site anyway. I am also a new member and have found everyone very helpful and friendly.

Mia