Rapid excruciating pain - could it be rhubarb?
Has anyone had an intense reaction to a food which brought about severe arthritis like pain?? I’m new to this journey and have been diagnosed with OA in both knees. The pain is bearable and I also get aches in other places. Last night after a fairly normal dinner I’d used some rhubarb to make a crumble. Within an hour my wrist was unbearably painful and no amount of painkillers helped. This morning the pain is still incredible but more bearable.
is it possible for a food to trigger arthritis? As it was such a rapid reaction I can only think it’s something new that I’ve not had in years and maybe it’s the rhubarb.
Thanks for any opinions or advice.
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 335 Chat and News
- 31 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe