Osteoarthritis of Lumbar Spine
I am 58 and was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in January 2019 and have nerve impingement affecting my right leg. Originally the nerve pain was down the back of my leg but was improved by a steroid injection. I am now suffering with nerve pain to the front of my leg and it is far more painful. I had a steroid injection in August but unfortunately this only lasted about 6 weeks. I have a telephone appointment with my Neurosurgeon on Monday.
I do exercises most mornings that were given to me by an NHS Physio but these are mainly stretching and some core strengthening.
Has anyone else got experience of this and has anyone had surgery to relieve the pressure on their nerves?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe