Hello....I can't see New Post +

Options
CapnGee
CapnGee Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place as my Mac doesn't show NewPost+ any ware I can see?

I have been diagnosed with inflammatory polyarthritis, which seems to be in all my my major joints and a few minor ones too.

I have been told it is rheumatoid arthritis and I also have some osteoarthritis.

This has all come on so suddenly after I had a neck operation in January to remove two discs in my neck. After a couple of months resting things seemed to be fine but at the beginning of May all my joints just seemed to give up.

I have been on heavy pain killers for nearly three years with my neck and now this.

Last week I started on Methotrexate and after my IM steroid wore off with days have also been put on Prednisolone for a couple of months until the Methotrexate kicks in.

It seams they found a few other things showing up positive in the system, so having more tests.

I have had a massive amount of muscle degradation since this started and lost 2.5 stone since May.

Sorry it's not a happy introduction, but at least I know I am heading somewhere now and I have just finished with my long term pain killers after a few weeks of tapering off, which is a positive.

I look forward to chatting with the group.

Have a happy Monday and and a good week!🌻

G⛵️

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    edited 31. Jul 2023, 13:11
    Options

Hi @CapnGee

Welcome to the online community, glad you have found us,now i have welcomed you New posts will be there so you can talk to others.

You write that you have Polyarthritis and are on Methetrexate at the moment and Prednisalone until the Methotrexate kicks in,also Rhumatoid Arthritis and some Osteoarthritis as well.

here is a link that may help you.Please let us know how you get on and do chat to others on our forums.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• CapnGee
    CapnGee Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you for your welcome Christine, and thank you for the link, it is very useful.

kind regards

Graham