Exercise Referral Scheme
I was up my local Gym recently and one of the ladies who works there told me about the Exercise Referral Scheme which was set up in the 1990's to help the inactive and those with health issues to participate in exercises at a participating local sports centre.
It's GP referred and the benefits are a discount on membership fees (40% in my case) and a consultation with a specialise who will put together a tailor-made exercise programme.
Could be useful to know for anyone who finds the prospect of exercise and/or going to a Sports Centre or Gym daunting.
As most of us know, exercise and physio is one of the foundations for managing our conditions - I've certainly benefitted from it and am leading a very active life, despite needing both my knees replacing.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 671 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe