Hi I’m a newbie

Options
Rob2cool
Rob2cool Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:10 in Living with arthritis

Hi all o have psoriatic arthritis and have had it for many years I’m on injections for it but my whole body is a mass of aches and pain and I’m also very fatigued, I ain’t got no energy at all but I don’t want to be like this at so would like to know on what other people are doing to boost there energy levels I know exercise will help but my problem is getting started as I’m so tired all the time so would like to know if there is anything that others can suggest I can take to help me boost my energy levels so I can get myself motivated to start exercising. Thanks. All

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Rob2cool and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well. This is a safe place to discuss your condition, chat or even let off steam occasionally.

I understand that you have psoriatic arthritis and also suffering from fatigue. This quite often seems to be an associated problem and if you search on fatigue on the Community (magnifying glass) you will see a lot of discussions. In the meantime have a look at the following which might be of use.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

With very best wishes,

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• janiebin
    janiebin Member Posts: 53
    Options

Fatigue gets to many of us and there are lots of suggestions on how to deal with it. Can you dangle a reward in front of you to tempt you to do 5 or 10 mins of exercise? Maybe start doing simple stretches from a sitting position if you are not very mobile. If you look at Val's Cafe the motivation there is food, recipes, pictures of food and cute animals. I love reading so my reward is 15 mins post exercise or boring task. What ever works.