Newly diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis!
Hi, I am a 54 yr old male, diagnosed with RA last week by a Consultant Rheumatologist. I have also been diagnosed with neurovascular conflict which affects the trigeminal nerves and await an appointment with a neurosurgeon.
I have some questions, not sure if anyone can help?
1) I have been told to follow NHS Covid guidance as I have a weakened immune system with Active RA and medication. I will be required to work from home and take other safety measures. Did anyone else have to do this, and how did it affect your life?
2) The Consultant has referred me to the NHS "early arthritis clinic" via my GP surgery, does anyone know what this is, how it works, and how long you need to be on this programme?
3) I have been suffering Angioedema for the last couple of years, facial/tongue swelling that can be infrequent, but I had 3 occasions last month. Does any else with RA have this type of condition, with red rashes and facial swellings?
Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading through all the posts, and already a big thanks for the link to info on hand and wrist pain, this is very helpful.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe