Rheumatoid arthritis

Options
Macca1105
Macca1105 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone, I’m Chris. I’m a 36 year old male just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, I have looking for some help and support off other people who have been suffering with the disease, things like diet, things that ease pain.. general day to day activities…

any help would be really appreciated?

chris

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 7. Aug 2023, 19:19
    Options

Hi @Macca1105

Welcome to the online community Chris,glad you have found us.

you write that you have just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and you are looking for support and help with diet and to help with the pain and every day living.

Here are a few links that may help you

I do hope you feel these links will be of value to you.

please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do go onto our forums and chat to others who all understand what you are going through as we all have some form of arthritis.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options

Hi @Macca1105

It's very tough when you are newly diagnosed. Shock, anger, fear for teh future it all crowds in. On top of that you are dealing with pain and probably fatigue etc

The thing that helped me most at first was not feeling alone. This was the place I found and these were my new peers. They had the experience and all seemed kind, supportive and well dare I say it 'normal'. Just like me.

My family were great but as worried as me about how our lives might change following this diagnosis.

I feared I would let my husband down (he likes to travel) and embarrass my kids at school. I thought I'd be in a wheelchair within the year etc etc....a bit dramatic looking back.

As us anything we will try to help

My main advice? Take control:

pace youreslf - don't overdo it

Try to get on a pain management course

Eat healthily

take your meds

Get enough sleep

Get reliably informed - not Dr Google.

Best of luck

Toni