Shout out for Capsicum Arthritis Cream

Options
Janey1951
Janey1951 Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

I was diagnosed with OA in my left knee back in June of this year - I was barely able to walk as the pain and stiffness in my knee (particularly first thing in the morning), when putting weight on it, made me feel sick - I clung to the bannister going downstairs and hauled myself up when needing the loo. I've slowly been working my way through the various gels and off the shelf pain relief listed on the Versus Arthritis website, compiling various cocktails, with very limited success - until I got to Capsicum cream - I bought a tube (£4.50) off Ebay and after just one application (about the size of a 1p piece per knee) was virtually pain free! The cream didn't feel burning or hot on my knee but I do wash my hands immediately after using it. I've held off posting for 2-3 weeks as I wanted to make sure it wasn't some fluke, I experimented with leaving it off and could feel the pain and stiffness returning, so now use it morning (after showering) and evening before I go to bed and am pain free, able to walk the mile to the shops again, get up from the chair without having to push down on the arms and am not hobbling or limping - my knees are still a little bit stiff in the morning, but not painful, so am also using FlexiSeq morning and at night, which helps - I'm off all other pain relief tablets and gels as well. I'm feeling years younger and so much more positive in myself. Just hoping that this can help another person get their life back.

Comments

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi @Janey1951 - so good to hear you've found something which works for you and better still, improved your quality of life significantly as a result!

I use Capsicum cream and FlexiSeq too on both my knees, the first I understand cancels out the pain signals going to the brain, the second reduces my crunching and grinding by stimulating lubrication. As you say, both are transformational.

Arthritis is a maddening condition, no 2 days can be the same so finding things which can mean a more predictable life are a Godsend. Along with the 2 aforementioned rubs, I also find a TENS machine and deep tissue massaging gun to be a great help if I've done something particularly rigorous and feel the onset of a flare-up.

So glad to hear of your success - long may it continue!

All the best,

Jon

• Janey1951
    Options

Thanks Jon

I'm thinking out how to use the capsicum cream on my thumb joints - I was going to annoint and then put on a pair of gloves, but for how long before I wash my hands again? any suggestions.

warm regards

Alison

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

Hi Alison,

I believe it's oil-based so unless you use soap or detergent, you ought to be o.k to get your hands wet. By all accounts it needs between 5 and 10 minutes to take effect, it may be a bit of a trial and error thing.....

Jon

• Janey1951
    Options

Thanks Jon I'll definitely give it a go

😊