Women’s Slippers

Options
Fixer
Fixer Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Good afternoon

I have researched women’s slippers for those who experience pain in their feet due to arthritis. The outcome is that I am none the wiser and hope my fellow sufferers will be able to recommend slippers. Thank you for reading my post.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 892
    Options

Hi @Fixer there is some info on footwear in the following though no recommendations but general guidance

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jamaca
    Jamaca Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello Fixer, Several years ago I discovered the only footwear that I look forward to putting on! 'Totes Isotoner Textured Popcorn Turnover Mule Slippers' are beautifully cushioning, yet really supportive (I have very high insteps). They are very stable to wear: on stairs and on uneven surfaces etc . They are machine washable on a gentle programme. I am always worried that these slippers might be discontinued, so have bought a couple more pairs to last me for very many more years! I hope that this is helpful for you.

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Moring

I find CROCS wonderful and helped me !?

@Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

I've always understood slippers to be a nono with arthritis as they don't support the feet enough and so lead to more joint problems. I've managed without them for most of my long, arthritic life!

If you must then the ones suggested by @Naomi33 sound reasonable (apart from the lack of a heel section) or maybe Cosyfeet. Try your local disability store. They sometimes stok a few such things.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 12. Aug 2023, 15:31
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.