inflammatory spondyloarthropathy and axial spondyloarthropathy

Options
Sampanda21
Sampanda21 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

hi, I’ve recently been diagnosed with inflammatory spondyloarthropathy and axial spondyloarthropathy

i have to say I’m very upset and I’m seriously suffering with fatigue , swollen ankle and wrist too

im on salazopyrin and etoricoxib

any one else on this or have this diagnosis? I feel on my own 😢😢

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hello @Sampanda21 and welcome to the online community

You have recently been diagnosed with inflammatory spondyloarthropathy and are feeling not only upset but undergoing a serious fatigue with a swollen ankle and wrist. Like many of us when we are first diagnosed we suffer from a state of shock and isolation. You have come to a safe and supportive place where numbers of our members live with similar symptoms. Some of which are common to many who have arthritis and some whose symptoms are common to a specific condition.

Your medical team have prescribed a NSAID a non steroid anti inflammatory drug and a gastro resistant medication to assist your stomach. There is further general information about the spinal condition and medication in the attached links as well as tips on dealing with fatigue.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2022/april/5-ways-to-help-with-fatigue/

Additional details maybe found from www.nass.co.uk/ The National Axial Spondylitis Society.

We are a friendly supportive group who are living with different forms of arthritis and I hope that you will soon hear from other members who have similar conditions. You have made the first step out of your aloneness and we hope to hear from you again soon as you feel more able to join in with the community.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.