And now its in my neck or is it just another glitch

Ouch. The neck pain did come on rather sudden, just above my shoulder ache, and in the same way as the original arthritis, painful when I try to get up or lie down. Getting up or lying down happens rather too often these days.

I found the article about necks and found it was quite re-assuring so I am glad I found it. Among other things the article suggest I need to sit up straight (yes I need to do that) so the article was a welcome reminder, and maybe its my own fault and not arthritis.

Even so I am still wondering if I have a sudden neck ache is it just a glitch, or could it really turn into a new arthritis ridden body part. It's been in my hips once and it's been in my jaw several times, so I am rather hoping that pain in my neck will just go away.

Tagged:

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,196

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 483

Thank you noddingtonpete I did one set of the neck stretching and it wasn't painful. Remembering to find some moves when the neck pain came on was somehow the last thing on my mind. Isn't that strange.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 676

Hi @Baloo

Neck pain is awful isn't it. Luckily my lovely surgeon fixed the cause of mine back in March after 17 years of pain.

I used to do all of these exercises plus the head roll where you literally rotate your head in a circle while looking forwards. You can move to the head roll easily from or to any of the exercises in the video as it's a natural movement. Go clockwise and anti clockwise.

The other thing I used to find helpful is simply standing in a door frame and checking your posture by making sure you press your body from your heels upwards against the frame. Put your hand out to touch the other side if you need help to balance. Just hold for about 30 seconds if you can.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 676

Hi again @Baloo

Something else you can try is hunching your shoulders up to your ears and shoulder rolls. I learnt quickly that neck problems can affect so many other parts of your body, every gentle movement will help. No weights though until you have it under control and then only light weights

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 483

@Trish9556 good news the neck pain has gone. It took 5 days for the pain to clear up.

I think in future if these unexpected pains turn up, they aught to be given some exercises.