I have had Polymyalgia Rheumatica / Rhematoid Arthritis since 2014 but it has taken over twelve months of x-rays, scans and consultant appointments to finally be diagnosed with possible Large Vessel Vasculitis or Giant Cell Arteritis although they are not certain!
My consultant has recommended that I go on one of two drugs but on reading the Versus Arthritis leaflets about each drug, I feel neither are suitable for me. Also, can you tell me whether there is a NHS national specialist consultant who specialises in Large Vessel Vasculitis or Giant Cell Arteritis and if appointments are available for a second opinion.
I am really battling with my health at the moment and I would like to be pointed in the right direction.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe