Post hip surgery.
Hello everyone, especially @CarolPM - apologies for being a few days late in answering.
Post surgery, my experiences.
The physiotherapist at the hospital should show you how to manage stairs, and how to bend . If you do not already have one a 'litter picker' is a tremendous help, and if you are registered with a mobility aids shop then there should be no VAT on equipmnent.
Showers - initially an old fashioned stand up wash and a pack of baby wipes was the best for me, but again check with your physiotherapist.
Lastly, you will find the best way to cope with most things, and it DOES get easier.
All the very best.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe