Methotrexate & partial wrist fusion

Options
Laura25
Laura25 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone,

I take methotrexate by tablet form and find if I eat too little or too much I feel quite sick tummy wise. I find it hard to keep down with the tablets and all the water.

any tips on how to aid this would be fab!

has anyone here had a partial wrist fusion and play sport with it? I’ve just had one and would love some advice / tips / info.

thanks in advance!

Have a good week.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 798
    edited 21. Aug 2023, 14:15
    Options

Hi@Laura25

welcome to the online community,so glad you have found us.

You write that you take methotrexate orally and feel sick with food wether it be too much or too little and does anyone else have this side effect,also you have just had a wrist fusion and would like advice on playing sport again.

Hope these links help in some way.Please keep in touch and tellus how you get on and do chat to others on our forums.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Laura25
    Laura25 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Fab, thanks! :)

• Hi @Laura25

Thank you for posting on the Online Community.

Have you spoken to your GP about Folic acid, this is often prescribed when taking Methotrexate.

This is a section on it from our website:

Often, people say methotrexate upsets their tummy or makes them sick. Your doctor will probably give you folic acid tablets to help reduce any unpleasant effects caused by your weekly dose of methotrexate. They will tell you when to take the folic acid. Generally, you should avoid taking it on the same day as methotrexate, because it can affect how well the methotrexate works.

If you are still having problems speak to your doctor about any additional treatments that could help reduce these effects. You should not use over-the-counter drugs to treat them yourself.

Best wishes

Chris (Moderator)