Women's issues and Rheumatoid Arthritis

Options
Ni2run
Ni2run Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in February, still trying to stay on Methotrexate, with ongoing UTI's and other infections women related, meaning having to stop meds on and off, not getting to stay on meds regularly, to tackle the condition meaning have to take time of work as flare ups have been really bad. Has anyone else have any similar experiences and know of anything that can help?

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Hello @Ni2run

Welcome to the online community.

I see you have a fairly recent diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis and are trying to stay on Methotrexate (MTX).

That's very bad luck having ongoing UTIs preventing you from remaining on the Methotrexate consistently.

Hopefully someone else will have had this experience and may be able to share their own experience with you. I presume you have you spoken to your Rheumatologist about it and wonder what they have suggested.

I am aware that there are a lot of different Disease modifying Anti-Rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) available although Methotrexate is considered the 'Gold standard'.

Do please take a look around the rest of the forum now that you've said hello. Living with Arthritis does tend to be the most popular category.

My best wishes and I really hope things improve for you soon.

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options

Hi @Ni2run

Has anyone suggested low dose long term antibiotics for your UTIs?? I have a friend on them. To be fair she's not on MTX so I think asking a Dr might be wise.

Hope it gets sorted soon. Big ouch!😣 ((()))

Toni x

• Ni2run
    Ni2run Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for your comments, I am waiting to speak with Rheumatology doctor today. Been to nurse this morning and on more antibiotics, she is referring me now for a scan to see what is going on. So hopefully it's not too long a wait. Just wish I could keep on the same meds to get sorted. Tried sulfasaline but have me a bad tummy.